CrossMgr software is under continuous development, with new features added as often as weekly. Users of CrossMgr are encouraged to submit recommendations for new features to firstname.lastname@example.org. As an open source program, the development of new features can be monitored on Github.com.
CrossMgr is supported on both Mac OSX and Windows Vista and later versions of Windows, including 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. CrossMgr 1.93.5 is the last version to support Windows XP; subsequent versions will not run on Windows XP. Camera support for CrossMgr is available only on Windows. When using a Windows computer, a laptop with a solid state drive (SSD) is recommended for higher performance and reliability.
Major Features in CrossMgr:
- runs on Linux, Mac OSX 10.8+ or Windows Vista & later computers.
- supports any USB camera on Windows computers, with options to take pictures of every racer on every lap or only the last lap.
- directly supports J-Chip, Impinj, Alien and Orion RFID readers for real-time lap data.
- allows manual entry via keyboard, mouse and touch screen.
- supports data file import for lap data created by RFID readers.
- built-in help for all features.
- supports multiple monitors with tear-off windows that can be displayed on separate monitors.
Complete support for bicycle racing:
- criterium races display lap data with notes for primes.
- time trial support for scheduled start times with manual or RFID finish.
- complete support for mass start road races.
- all race formats allow multiple categories with different start times offset from the race start.
- start time can be scheduled and then changed after the race starts.
- Registration data is stored in Excel and linked to CrossMgr.
- Optional support for RaceDB to manage registration data.
- Registration data includes bib, chip and start time for time trials.
- produces Excel file for direct upload to USA cycling.
- produces data file for direct upload to CrossResults.com.
- produces complete results in Excel.
- publish HTML results real time and directly to a web-site with integrated FTP.